Conducting Difficult Performance Conversations
Providing feedback regarding performance gaps can cause any professional some anxiety. Learning to effectively discuss sensitive topics and remain composed is a critical management skill. Using tenets of emotional intelligence, this workshop helps participants develop skills to discuss performance with subordinates in a constructive, organized and reflective way to stimulate learning.
- Understand the supervisor’s responsibility for having performance conversations.
- Recognize the value and importance of documentation.
- Know how to clearly articulate expectations and how they have not been met.
- Address problematic behaviors and develop plans for improving them.
- Manage negative emotions and reactions.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals new to managing others or who want to enhance their emotional intelligence and tact when confronting difficult conversations with employees.